The Corporate Sales role couples consultative selling with new business acquisition and customer relationship skills to drive adoption and growth of Calligo’s solutions. This role is responsible for serving the needs of existing customers and closing sales opportunities to create new customers within organizations up to 99 employees. The Corporate Sales role works to understand our customer challenges; acting as the primary business point-of-contact for all customer engagements. The Corporate Salesperson demonstrates passion for their customer’s success, bringing Calligo’s best ideas, standards, innovations, and capabilities to customers to drive maximum business value.
A successful Corporate Salesperson must be outgoing, organized, and results oriented. The ideal candidate should have the business acumen and technical expertise to speak confidently to Business Owners and Executives. They must be a good listener and ask appropriate questions to better understand the customer’s business and then guide the customer through operationalizing Calligo’s solutions to ensure success. This is an inside role selling directly to customers.
The role, responsibilities and geographical focus might change and develop over time along with the company’s rapid growth.
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Oakville, CA
- Reporting To
- SVP Sales North America
- Prospect for new customer sales opportunities within organizations between 15 to 99 employees
- Own the relationship with assigned customers, which includes increasing product adoptions, ensuring engagement and retention, and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Develop, manage, and maintain customer business relationships with the highest level Executive point of contact
- Creation of proposals and related Statement of Works (SOWs) and deliver solution presentation proposals to customer decision makers
- Responsible for maintaining and growing a run-rate of invoiced monthly revenues, while ensuring churn does not exceed an assigned percentage of revenue
- Meet 100% of sales revenue targets and maintain forecast projections within +/-20% of objectives.
- Provide market trends, industry and competitive information for analysis, sales strategy development, and sales initiatives to help maintain market competitiveness.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s products and services, with an ability to explain the functions, features, benefits, and cost.
- Maintain and apply in-depth knowledge and understanding of Calligo’s services and methodology, customer agreements, and internal business processes
Typical Activities Include
- Execute the sales strategy to meet the agreed milestones and timescales.
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, and monthly sales activity targets (KPIs).
- Maintain assigned sales funnel targets by stage.
- High frequency check-in with customers to promote a positive business relationship
- Educate customers on how existing and new product features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business growth
- Prospect for new business opportunities within new and assigned customers
- Keep comprehensive sales records and report on activities and results by daily inputs to the company CRM.
- Perform all the retention processes and pursue cross-sell/up-sell opportunities (Void Matrix)
- Manage customer escalations, requests for information, and requests for proposals
- Work closely with Pre Sales team on large opportunities
- Negotiate and close agreements
- Interaction with the Project Services team to ensure service delivery into the customer base
- Monitor the timeline of established project completion dates, requested tasks, and manage customer expectations
- Participate in weekly meetings, prepared to discuss status of funnel, forecast, pending projects, proposals, and challenges
- Develop and prepare emails, proposals, and general correspondence with a high level of thoroughness and professionalism including conducting prospect meetings and making effective presentations
- Provide feedback internally on how to improve services and solutions to customers
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Experience working with Business Owners and Executives in a business setting
- Significant and attested sales success in a new and existing business environment over a 2-3 year period with experience of meeting or exceeding assigned goals and targets.
- Strong presentation skills with proven ability to speak comfortably in front of groups and to executive audiences, to effectively articulate solutions and appropriately positioning value propositions.
- Ability to thoroughly understand related industry technology, articulate that knowledge and formulate effective solutions with attention to profitability.
- Seasoned in identifying new sales opportunities, preparing prospect presentations and solutions development.
- Energetic approach, with strong solution selling background
- Proven ‘Hunter’ focused track record of success.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Highly self-motivated, organised and disciplined
- Energetic approach, with strong solution selling background
- Creative and innovative
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to prioritise and execute in a high-pressure environment
- Executive presence and credibility
- University Degree preferred
- Bilingual French an asset
What Calligo can offer YOU
- Competitive salary
- Benefit packages
- Vacation & Paid time off
- Recognition programs
- Connected Colleagues
- Training and development for career growth
Data is any business’ most valuable asset. It should sit at the heart of every interaction they have and every decision they make – large or small.
But while data is essential for businesses to thrive, it is often also frustratingly invisible, inaccessible or irrelevant. And fraught with risk if it is lost, mismanaged or not surrounded by the right data privacy and security protections.
At Calligo, we understand that.
We understand that because of our heritage in data-driven business improvement, that gives us innate knowledge of industry regulations, national privacy laws, and ethical data use.
We understand that, and so have devised a unique collection of managed data services that transform how businesses use and perceive data to become faster, smarter and to use their data safer.
We understand that, shown in how we bring businesses closer to their data, and deliver the clarity they need to safely power profitability, agility and innovation.
At Calligo, we unleash the potential of your data.
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.