This role is for an individual with strong experience working within a Service Desk environment with a solid understanding of Microsoft and Virtual Platforms. The Individual will be responsible for working within the Service Delivery team assisting the current first-line team, managing day to day support issues, but with the experience and responsibility to resolve more complex Incidents and Problems.
Acting primarily in an escalation capacity for the 1st line team, resolving issues in person, over the phone or via remote connectivity. The role is varied and requires a real team player who has the ability to manage their time efficiently and prioritize or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt closure.
In this capacity, the post holder will be responsible for undertaking established and routine activities associated with Service Desk operations as directed by the Team Leader in accordance with the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established at the time.
- Enthusiasm, drive, and initiative
- The ability to work alone and within a team
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to mentor junior member of the Service Desk team
- Managed Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Oakville, CA
- Reporting To
- Service Delivery Manager
- Resolution of client issues
- Resolution of infrastructure issues
- Manage, operate and upgrade systems
- Troubleshoot problems
- Identify and log recurring issues using the problem management procedure
- Support, mentor and knowledge share with other members of the team
- Ownership and responsibility for the management of Calligo’s cloud services
- Ownership and responsibility for the configuration and administration of key technologies
- Ownership and responsibility for assisting with the installation, alteration or ceasing of client services
- Ownership and responsibility for the implementation of internal projects
- Ownership and responsibility for documentation
- Coordinate escalation of issues to third-party support providers
- Coordinate escalation of issues to the management team
- Manage priorities and workloads
- Communicate effectively in a timely manner
- Complete all work in accordance with internal compliance procedures
- Supporting team management and Security & Compliance Team in all areas of operations security
- Supporting team management and Security & Compliance Team in the management of security incidents/events
- Supporting team management by taking responsibility for information security being included in the planning and delivery of department projects both internally and for clients
- Supporting team management in maintaining staff compliancy to all team information security policies and procedures
- Maintain and develop a professional skillset
- Foster strong working relationships with Calligo’s customers
- Be part of the on-call rotation
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Good communication skills both written and verbally
- 5+ years of technical experience gained in an IT Service Desk
- Industry recognized professional technical qualifications
- Proven track record in support methodologies, e.g. ITIL.
- Sound problem analysis skills and an ability to manage and deliver under pressure
- In-depth knowledge of the full Microsoft platform including Microsoft 365
- In-depth knowledge of supporting Virtual Desktop environments (VMware Horizon)
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy & Exchange administration
- Knowledge of networking
- Understanding of mail routing, mail routing rules, SPAM filtering
- Windows Server Admin from 2008 to 2016
- Working knowledge of VMware ESXi & vSphere from 4.0 to 6.5
- Support of VDI’s (VMware Horizon)
- Live Microsoft University account
What can Calligo offer YOU?
- Very competitive salary
- Benefit package
- Pension match of 166%
- 5 weeks Vacation to start.
- Recognition bonus programs
- Connected Colleagues
- Brand new office
- Free lunch everyday
- Training and development for career growth
Data is any business’ most valuable asset. It should sit at the heart of every interaction they have and every decision they make – large or small.
But while data is essential for businesses to thrive, it is often also frustratingly invisible, inaccessible or irrelevant. And fraught with risk if it is lost, mismanaged or not surrounded by the right data privacy and security protections.
At Calligo, we understand that.
We understand that because of our heritage in data-driven business improvement, that gives us innate knowledge of industry regulations, national privacy laws, and ethical data use.
We understand that, and so have devised a unique collection of managed data services that transform how businesses use and perceive data to become faster, smarter and to use their data safer.
We understand that, shown in how we bring businesses closer to their data, and deliver the clarity they need to safely power profitability, agility and innovation.
At Calligo, we unleash the potential of your data.
Not quite right? Register your interest to be notified of any roles that come along that meet your criteria.